AW Control Systems recognise that day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. We aim to protect and improve the environment through good management and by adopting best practice wherever possible. AW Control Systems will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives wherever possible, throughout our operations.
In all our activities we aspire to:
- Comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
- Prevent pollution to land, air and water.
- Reduce water and energy use.
- Minimise waste and increase recycling within the framework of our waste management procedures.
- Identify and manage environmental risks and hazards.
- Involve customers, partners, clients, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives.
- Promote environmentally responsible purchasing.
- Provide suitable training to enable employees to deal with their specific areas of environmental control.
- Improve the environmental efficiency of our transport and travel.
- Continuous improvement in our environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
- Design our panels in such a way that opportunities arise for recycling and/or ethical disposal at the end of life of the equipment
This policy which provides the framework for setting our environmental objectives shall be communicated and understood by all our employees and made available to relevant interested parties.
It will be reviewed annually as part of the management review.