health & safety policy
Click here to download the full health and safety policy.
AW Control Systems recognises and accepts its responsibility for Health and Safety as an employer, and in particular the duties laid down in article 4 (Employers Duties) 0f the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978 to provide a safe and healthy working environment for our employees. The company also recognises and accepts its duties laid down in Articles 5 and 6 of that Order to persons other than employees who may be affected by AW Control Systems work activities.
The Managing Director is aware of his responsibilities under Health and Safety Legislation and shall, so far as it is reasonably practicable, ensure the health, safety and welfare of people at work by the adhering to the following:
- To provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information supervision, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
AW Control Systems reminds its employees of their own duties under Article 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Order (NI) 1978, to take reasonable care for their own safety and that of others and to co-operate with AW Control Systems so as to enable it to its own responsibilities successfully.