As part of our continued growth, AW Control Systems Ltd is currently seeking to recruit an Electrical Estimator to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join a leading-edge company who design, manufacture, install and commission electrical control systems worldwide. The successful candidate will have a direct impact on how the company develops and evolves through winning new work.
The Role requires the candidate to:
- Provide accurate costings for the provision of control systems and site electrical installations to existing clients and potential customers across a range of industries including, Sand & Quarry, Recycling, Food, Renewables, Animal Feeds, Refrigeration and Water & Waste Water.
- Liaise & meet with clients to understand their requirements, budget & expectations and provide the most appropriate solutions to meet their needs.
- Understand specifications, electrical schematics, block cable diagrams and BOM’s.
- Understand regulations and work within these parameters to ensure H&S, environment and other requirements are met
- Work closely with our suppliers to achieve the best possible costings from the outset
- Work on own initiative to provide timely quotes and win new business with precision and attention to detail.
- Strive for continuous improvements in quality and use own initiative to provide innovate solutions.
- Assist with other departments such as design, production, site installation, sales, and technical support as and when required to help them understand the client’s needs.
- Educated to HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with clients, suppliers and
- Strong background in Industrial Electrical Installation and Electrical Control Systems
- Ability to understand electrical specifications, schematics, drawings, block cable diagrams, BOM’s etc
- Experience of a range of PLC’s, HMI’s and Variable Speed Drives
- Good understanding of electrical standards
- Ability to complete Tender submissions and PQQ
- High attention to detail and strong business acumen to understanding project costs.
- Excellent IT Skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to self-manage & prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude
- Willing to develop and learn new skills with on and off the job training.
- 2-3 years project management experience
- Understanding of our industries – Water & Waste Water, Food, Quarry & Recycling and Refrigeration etc etc
In return we can offer:
- Attractive salary. Negotiable depending on experience.
- Access to company pensions scheme
- On and off the job training depending on skills and qualifications
- Opportunity to work in a wide range of industries
- Opportunity to develop your career with a leading-edge company